03/2003 – present EMBL (European Molecular Biology Laboratory), Heidelberg, Germany.
05/2005 – present Software Engineer – Cell Biology and Biophysics Unit
Implemented and deployed systems to manage classified high throughput screening data including the following:
• A flexible and efficient system used to store relevant information on screening experiments, based on an Oracle database backend.
• Mid-tier API and Applications for automation of analysis of multiple screening projects allowing screening dataset comparison.
• Implementation of a User Interface for screening data management and visualisation.
• Development of a cluster management software application to perform automated analysis.
• Configuration and deployment of a cluster of five machines for high performance screening data analysis (two terabytes dataset).
• Development of plugins for ImageJ.
• Collaboration with the MitoCheck Project Team.
Collaborated with several internal and external teams on the development of custom Image Processing solutions:
• Provided EMBL scientists with specific functionality and technical assistance to enable novel data analysis and image processing.
• Interfaced with external groups collaborating with EMBL on their Image Processing projects.
• Collaborated with a microscopy company on a commercial Image Analysis software product for screening application: Scan^R Analysis, OBS, Munich (Germany).
08/2003 – 05/2005 Research Technician – Microcomputing and data acquisition
Developed various software applications for Image Processing and Analysis.
Studied and resolved imaging and acquisition problems.
Implemented algorithms for recognition and classification:
• Drosophila male/female classification.
• Frog egg classification.
03/2003 – 07/2003 Internship – Computer and Networking Group
Identified and solved network threats and security issues.
Deployed an intrusion detection system (IDS) with two sensors for external and internal traffic.
Implemented a User Interface for the IDS systems management.
Identified two cases of network attacks and took corresponding measures.